Wednesday 8 February 2012

Role models?

I think that every person should have a good role model to give them a goal in life. A good role model contributes to a good lifestyle, good morals, good intentions and high hopes for the future. I realised my role model today during my head teacher's reading in assembly today. Now I know this is silly, but my role model is Hermione Granger from Harry Potter. I think that currently in the media, there are too many women that are considered good role models. I can assure you that many of these so called 'role models' are actually a mess. Let's take Cheryl Cole for example. Cheryl Cole used to smoke (and probably still does); she has relationship problems. She has tattoos. She is practically anorexic. She suffers from depression. She has been fired from the USA X Factor. Now as much as I personally love her, I would not put her anywhere near my role model category because she's not the type of person I'd like to look up to and want to be. On the other hand, Hermione Granger is a genuine heroine. She is not portrayed as eye-candy or known for her beauty, but known for her intelligence, bravery, care for her family and she is imperfect. I find that despite her being an 'annoying' character in the book and movie, I'd like to be a lot more like her as she has a very good personality, she is extremely clever and hard-working and she is a kind and gentle girl. Yeah, she's lovely ^-^


On another note, I think I may be dressing up as 118 with my friend for a 'heroes and villains' dress up day at school :') I'm going to my friend's party as a cat for her heroes and villains themed party... 'cat woman' apparently. LOL.


I really got to get some work done. FML.


Wendy.~

0 comments:

Post a Comment

Give us a comment, you know you want to!;D

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...